Here’s an Opportunity to Make a Difference
Would like to work with a ground-breaking Company whose ethos is founded upon enabling businesses to do things better, faster and cheaper?
Do you want to work in an environment where teamwork, creative thinking and attention to detail are watchwords for the way we do things?
Skuvue is revolutionising ecommerce and multi-channel fulfilment and is looking for energetic professionals to become innovative team members.
Want to join? Mail or email your CV to:
19 Law Place,
Nerston Industrial Estate,
Glasgow G74 4QL
Software Development Manager
Skuvue has a unique opportunity for a skilled Software Development Manager.
Skuvue is a division of Maxiim, a leading consumer electronics distribution company, working over the past 14 years with brand name suppliers and retailers to process millions of orders throughout the UK and Europe.
You will manage the architecture and implementation of a ground-breaking product – a data communications hub and collaboration tool – which facilitates trade between retailers and suppliers. You will help us achieve a competitive advantage through solid design patterns and excellent user experience.
With an exciting development roadmap, the platform will continually see new functionality being introduced – from marketplace catalogues and product information management systems to enterprise collaboration tools and detailed retail analytics. As well as a hands-on role, you will manage the extended team and all the associated intellectual property.
We are committed to the personal/career development of all our employees and this position offers significant growth potential within a growing organisation.
- Work with the Product Owner to plan and execute projects, ensure that teams have appropriate product and technical specifications, direction, and resources to deliver products effectively by establishing realistic estimates for timelines while ensuring that projects remain on target to meet deadlines
- Work closely with the Product Owner and Sales to understand the system’s functional and non-functional requirements
- Collaborate with the Product Management team in defining the Product Vision
- Manage resources and processes to deliver the customer facing web service portal and oversee 3rd party technical integrations with both retailers and suppliers (manufacturers and distributors).
- Manage the development of Skuvue’s core engine built upon a world class, cloud-based ERP platform, Epicor.
- Coordinate and record all intellectual property associated with the platform development
- Demonstrate leadership abilities to our clients with the deployment of software upgrades, enhancements and fixes that are coordinated based on release schedules
- Provide a software development plan that meets the future needs of our clients and markets, based on the state-of-the-art technologies
- Evolve the existing software system applications and architecture in various areas as needed
- Coordinate release and sprint planning
We are looking for someone who is passionate about technology and wants to be part of changing the experience of online shopping. You’ll be a creative thinker, a problem solver, a strong communicator, work well within a high performance team environment and be happy to get involved in all aspects of the business.
Experience with these languages is preferable, C#, ASP.Net, MVC 3 or above or WebForms whilst keeping abreast of the latest tools, techniques and best practice in software engineering. A strong background with database management, and exposure to SQL Server 2008 and IISS7.5 would be highly beneficial. You don’t need to tick all the skills boxes, as long as you have the desire to learn and make a difference.